Highlighted New Testament Bible

Purchase the complete 691 page text of The Highlighted New Testament Bible. (See link below) Look inside pages with this flip presentation.

Enlarge this document in a new window
Self Publishing with YUDU

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

St. Matthew, Chapter 21, verses:28-29; Work in the Vineyard.

Our paragraph topic is:  (Parable of the two sons) Part 1. 

Since they did not want to incriminate themselves, Christ told them that he could not answer their question as to his authority.  He gave them the opportunity to become open to the truth.  He gave them the chance to receive that which he was about to give, but they were blind.  They could not see or hear the opportunity that was available to them.  So he gave them another opportunity to understand.

He told them a parable that maybe would help them to see and be open to the truth.  He told them the parable of the two sons.  He asked:  “But what do you think? A man had two sons; and he came to the first and said, ‘Son go and work today in my vineyard.'  But he answered and said, 'I will not'; but afterwards he regretted it and went.

Christ told the chief priest and the elders this parable so that they would understand authority.  You see, they understood the parable of the father and the sons because they could understand the authority of the father and the need for obedience of the sons.  So what did they think of the son who was disobedient to the wishes of the father but later thought about his disobedience and repented?

Was that the right thing to do?  Did the son regret his mistake in telling the father that he would not do his will but later repented?  Would they, could they understand the meaning of this parable and come to repent to the will of God their father?  Or were they so far gone that nothing could open their minds and their hearts to repent?

We live in a world that hides the truth of the father.  It may be that only through adversity that we come to realize the truth of who we are and to understand the majesty and glory of God our Father.  There are many things that we do not understand or try to reason to our own understanding as to the why and wherefore.  Why are there accidents that take the lives of innocent children?  Why do some die so young?  Why do the children suffer with crippling diseases?  Why must we live with debilitating pain in our lives that make us despair and want to end it?  Why is there war and not peace in the world?  Why are there natural disasters that take the lives of so many people?

All these whys and yet no answers.  Who knows the mind of God and who are we to question it?  I thank him, myself, that I was not so far gone that I did not open myself and my heart to his calling to repent.  I thank him that I am able to repent and to know that he is a merciful God.  I was lost and headed down the road to destruction.  Even considered the whisperings of depression and despair.  My life was lost and I had no where to turn.  I asked for forgiveness.  I asked for direction.  I asked to know the truth.  I asked to know him, to know his love for me.  And he touched me and filled me with a knowledge and understanding that lets me know that he is with me all my days.  He is inside of me, he is the life within.

If you are tired and do not know where to turn, turn to him.  Ask for his forgiveness.  Ask to know him.  Ask to feel him in your life.  Ask him to walk with you everyday that you may not know the despair and depression that you have lived with for so long.  Believe that he will be with you and seek to see the little miracles that happen in your life each and every day that are signs of his presence.  He is love.  He is faithful.  He is with you, always.

Read the sign of the times! Read the Highlighted New Testament Bible and lift the scales from your eyes that you may see, that you may know, that you may find the truth of who you are in Christ. Read it as though you would read a good book, from cover to cover, and see for yourself. Do not study it in parts reading one passage nd then skipping to another, but read it for understanding. Read it for knowledge. Read it for faith. Read it that your eyes may be opened, that your ears may hear, that your heart may be filled with the light of Christ .   The Holy Spirit awaits you. Christ seeks to know you. Open the door and let him in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment