Highlighted New Testament Bible

Purchase the complete 691 page text of The Highlighted New Testament Bible. (See link below) Look inside pages with this flip presentation.

Enlarge this document in a new window
Self Publishing with YUDU

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

St. Matthew, Chapter 21, verse:13b; The Den.

Our paragraph topic is:  (Cleansing of the Temple) Part 4. 

God's place was defiled.  It was invaded and unclean.  The people did not know but the evil doers knew.  The high priest allowed it.  The scribes wrote about it and considered it workable and necessary.  They did not consider that evil and greed would come into the holy place.  They did not think that the temple was a holy place meant for the worship of God the Father.  They only considered how it would help the merchants of the day.

But even with the best of intentions, evil used those intentions to come into the temple and defile the holy place of worship.  God's house is a place of worship.  His house is a place of prayer.  His house is a place of peace where the people can come and send up their wants and needs to the Father.  But the priests and the guardians of this holy place allowed it to be defiled.   "But you have made it a den of thieves." 

What do we believe today?  We have churches on every corner on every street, of every denomination, of all beliefs.  Are they places of worship, places of peace, places to go and give thanks to God our Father for all that he has done for us? 

I grew up in a church and there I found peace and happiness.  But then I left that place and went out into the world and lived the way of the world.  And I lost my way.  For many years I wanted to return to that place of peace, that place of comfort, that place of happiness.  But I felt cast out, without a home, no place to go.  I would drive by the church many times afraid to go in, not having the courage to return.  Then I overcame my fear; I knew that I needed the church in my life.  My life was out of control and I had lost something I needed to find.  So I returned, little steps at a time.  At first once a month, then later, more often.

It was a monk who encouraged me to return completely and take up my place in God's family.  And so I started to come more often and to participate in the service.  I was thankful that throughout all the years away from the church that my Father held my hand and did not let go.  I am grateful that now I have a place to go, a place to worship, a place to find peace in my life.  I am blest to be a member of the body of Christ and to have a church family.  

Most of all I am blest to know who I am in Christ and nothing can change that knowledge.  The world has nothing to offer that I do not already have.  For now I know that the Father loves me, provides for me, and cares for me.  I know that that for which I long for is not of this earth but with Christ Jesus in heaven and his love is the only thing that can fulfill my longings.  My house is clean and is not a den for evil to dwell in.  Come!  Clean your house and become one who knows the truth of who you are in Christ.

Read the sign of the times! Read the Highlighted New Testament Bible and lift the scales from your eyes that you may see, that you may know, that you may find the truth of who you are in Christ. Read it as though you would read a good book, from cover to cover, and see for yourself. Do not study it in parts reading one passage nd then skipping to another, but read it for understanding. Read it for knowledge. Read it for faith. Read it that your eyes may be opened, that your ears may hear, that your heart may be filled with the light of Christ .   The Holy Spirit awaits you. Christ seeks to know you. Open the door and let him in.

No comments:

Post a Comment